A results-driven Board-level player with a proven track record of leading in business, government, and non profit environments that are complex, multi-stakeholder, fast-moving. Currently spearheading the global expansion (and heading the UK/European arm) of The Pew Charitable Trusts (and its globally renowned Pew Research Center), one of the world leaders in research-led activity aimed at improving people's lives through better, evidence-based public policy.
As a member of several international executive teams, she has worked closely with leaders in both the UK and the US to help shape and implement clear and innovative visions, missions and fiscally prudent growth strategies - often involving the management of significant change, both internally and with complex external stakeholders. Emma has worked on IPOs, private equity sales, acquisitions, and change management programmes for numerous big blue-chip brands and SMEs, as well as leading and developing strategies for non-profit organisations. My career began in journalism. I created and edited a magazine for Proshare, the UK’s wider ownership body, and was European Assignment Editor for CNBC in the early days of business TV.
She is strongly committed to developing the people at the heart of driving success, to building motivated teams and focusing on values-based brand and policy engagement.
• Board Member, Press Recognition Panel (Royal Charter public appointment)
• Non-Executive Director, Financial Times/Edexcel diploma qualified
• Communications Director of the Year awarded in recognition of ‘outstanding leadership’ at the FT Group by IoD/CIPR (2013)
• ‘Woman of Achievement’ and ‘Women of the Future’ recipient and then award judge and active supporter of women in business.
• Council Member, Shakespeare’s Globe