Our world has been shaken and irrevocably changed and the Forum’s mission to improve the state of the world is now more relevant and urgent than ever before.
The COVID pandemic has shed light on existing inequalities with women and girls being the most neglected and abused -by virtue of their gender.
Over the past two years, women and girls have been burdened by multifaceted challenges:
- cases of gender-based violence and femicide have reached unprecedented levels
- access to sexual, reproductive and family planning services has been disrupted, leading to a rise in unintended pregnancies, unsafe abortions, and maternal and stillbirths.
- prolonged school closures and lockdowns challenging girls’ health and well-being, with millions of girls that may never return to school
We have the opportunity to turn the world’s eyes on an inclusive and transformative recovery effort by empowering women and girls. This unprecedented time has opened new collaborative ways to protect women’s and girls’ health and develop gender-based solutions so women and girls can be confident about their future health.
Protecting women’s and girls’ health initiative provides a unique platform to accelerate and foster unprecedented collaborations and meaningful coalitions between key actors, from the public and private sector, who are committed to enhance women’s and girls’ health journey.
Three priority areas
- improving access to sexual and reproductive health solutions and services
- combating gender-based violence
- addressing the unequal access to education for young women and girls
The initiative will support and amplify existing leading efforts, connect ecosystems across sectors, address gaps where necessary, and engage leaders and communities through sustained impactful dialogue.
-Lead: Propose, develop and drive initiatives driving and accelerating the adoption of adequate health solutions for women and girls
-Mobilize and Convene: Public-private knowledge exchanges and dialogues addressing most pressing issues for women’s and girls’ health
-Learn and Share: Receive, share and anticipate key insights through the Forum’s platforms